Dubai International Airport Rules
The security check is an essential part of modern air travel. If you are a frequent traveler, then you do go through the custom & security checks & you are well aware of the rules.
Similar to other international borders Dubai International Airport has it’s own strict policies in place.
As you know that Dubai International is named as the world busiest airport with more than 70+ million travelers in 2015. It’s expected to cross 100+ million by 2020 when Dubai hosts the World Expo.
So security is a major concern for Dubai International Airport. So below are some of the things that you should keep in mind while using Dubai International Airport.
Like other countries Dubai International has rules on what you can bring with you. It doesn’t really matter if you are transiting through Dubai International or it’s your final port of journey.
Everyone who arrives in Dubai International has to go through the same process. If you are not sure about any particular product is welcomed or not then it’s advised to declare your good to one of the customs officer.
If your final destination is Dubai then below should be followed.
- You cannot bring gifts exceeding AED 3,000, which is little over US $815
- You can carry cash up to AED 100,000, which will about US $ 27,210. But if you are carrying more than AED 100,000 you should declare the same.
- You can carry up to 3 liters of alcohol or 48 cans of beer into Dubai. Dubai Duty-free at arrival section has wide selection of alcohol for you to choose.
- You can carry 400 cigarettes, 50 cigars or 500 grams of tobacco into Dubai.
- If you require any specific medicine, then please make sure not to carry a supply of more than 3 months and you should always carry the original prescription from a registered medical practitioner.
- All medicine should be in its own packaging and should be valid for consumption.
- No psychotropic medicines are allowed (even for personal use, in small quantity and/or with prescription) without prior approval from the Ministry of Health.
There are few items, which you should never bring to Dubai, or any other port of UAE
- Any type of narcotic drugs. It’s a big big no in Dubai and all other GCC countries.
- Any tools or machines related to gambling
- Ivory and rhinoceros horn.
- Trammel (fishing net with 3 layers).
- Forged or duplicate currency.
- Any printed material that contradicts Islamic teachings and/or decency, or that deliberately implies immorality or turmoil.
- Cooked and homemade foods.
- Radios, self-defense equipment, sharp-edged knives and swords.
- Weapons, ammunition and military equipment.
- Fireworks and explosives.
- Trees, plants and soil.
Dubai International Airport also suggest steps for a smooth and fast security check
- Put ‘loose’ items – mobile phone, wallet, watch, keys etc – in your hand baggage.
- Keep a laptop where it can be easily reached: you’ll need to place it in a separate security tray at the scan.
- If your belt has a metal buckle, or your shoes have heels, take them off and put them in a security tray.
- Place liquid containers in a clear, re-sealable plastic bag, within your hand baggage.
- Remember each liquid can’t be more than 100ml.
If you are coming to the country then we suggest you check the rules before traveling. These rules can change anytime. Please consult Dubai Customs for additional details.
From The Web
March 29, 2020
Social Distancing: How To Stay Productive While Working From Home
March 26, 2020
8 Superfoods to Boost Your Immune System
March 24, 2020
Top 5 Apps for Food Delivery Service in Dubai
March 22, 2020
8 Movies that will take you around the world
March 20, 2020
Last Minute Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
March 19, 2020
7 Ideas For Your Next Level Home Staycation
March 13, 2020
A Moment of Glory
March 12, 2020
A Rocking Night in the Land of the Riches-UAE
February 12, 2020
Hottest Brunches In Dubai With A Great View
February 11, 2020
Coolest Attractions In Dubai For All Ages