Interesting Facts About VIVO IPL 2017
As VIVO IPL 2017 coming to an end we collected some of the most interesting facts. 140 cricketers including 44 overseas players have been retained by the IPL franchises for 2017 season. All the teams had limited resources but they played safe according to their strategies and filled their required slots. This IPL is also not different when it comes to surprises. So, let’s check out the list.
One of the most interesting happened during the auction this year is the inclusion of two Afghan & one player from UAE. All three of them played some interesting innings for their countries, and here in IPL two Afghan players Mohammad Nabi and Rashid Khan did wonder with Ball & bat.
This is 1st time Mahi is not wearing captain’s hat in IPL. RPS team has a new captain Steve Smith. However, we all have seen Dhoni is guiding Steve Smith and the team in tough time. Other than that he is like the coolest caption India have ever seen. In this season of IPL MS Dhoni scored 280 runs in 15 matches so far.
Ben Stokes has become the most expensive IPL outside player. Ben who plays for England got a whooping INR 14.5 Crore. One can say the gamble has paid off as Ben Stokes scored 316 runs in 12 matches and got 12 wickets as well for RPS
Sarfaraz Khan is one of the youngest players when he was picked up 3 years back. Sarfaraz Khan was only 10 years old when IPL started. Along with the big guys like Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle, ABD, Shane Watson, he also played good cricket in the last season and impressed the whole country. Even this year, he is playing for the same franchise.
Parthiv Patel has been part of multiple IPL teams. To be exact Parthiv played for 6 different franchises so far. They are CSK, KOCHI, DC, SRH, RCB and Mumbai Indians. However is sticking with Mumbai now from last two seasons.
So far Robin Uthappa played for 4 different franchises and wherever he played he got the company of Manish Pandey. This duo has been playing together since the start of IPL
Delhi being a good team has never been able to reach to the top of IPL, not even played a final match. This must be very disappointing for Delhi owners.
Some of other IPL 2017 Stats
- Orange Cap is with David Warner – he scored 641 runs
- David Warner & Glenn Maxwell has the highest sixes in their kitty.
- Rishabh Pant scored the maximum 6’s in a single match. He hit 9 sixes on 4th May against Gujarat Lions
- David Warner has the highest score in IPL 2017. He scored 126 against Kolkata on 30th April
- Chris Lynn has the highest Strike Rate of 187.74 however he played only 6 matches.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar of SRH got the highest wicket (26 wickets) this IPL.
- Andrew Tye has the best bowling figure this IPL. He got 5 wickets for 17 runs against RPS on 14th April
- Pat Cummins bowled at 153.56 KMPH and he is the fastest bowler.
- This IPL has seen only 3 hat tricks, Andrew Tye, Jaydev Unadkat & Samuel Badree each has one under their belt.
- Rashid Khan from Afghanistan has bowled most dot balls (121 dot balls) in entire IPL 2017. Followed by Sunil Narine 120.
Note: The above stats can change since the tournament is yet to over.
From The Web
July 7, 2020
Top Suggested Podcast You Should Listen To
June 23, 2020
Dubai to welcome tourists from July 7
June 17, 2020
4 Recommended Apps that will help you keep back in Focus
June 15, 2020
How do travel will look like after Covid-19
June 11, 2020
5 Mall habits that we miss doing right after the lockdown.
June 9, 2020
6 Effective Ways to Fix Your Ruined Sleep Pattern During Lockdown Phase
June 7, 2020
Top Online Shopping Website in the UAE
May 31, 2020
Embracing the "New Normal"
May 19, 2020
Guide on how to celebrate Eid in the UAE in amidst of pandemic
May 17, 2020
Tips on how to properly use Social Media as a platform to inspire people