Burj Khalifa Top 7 Interesting Facts
We all know that Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world & marvel, of architectural genius of the 21st century. But how many of us know these interesting facts which would give your brain a jolting strike will make you say WOW, WHAT, REALLY, AWESOME.
Let’s look at the facts behind breaking several records and bagging new world records.
- The observatory deck of the building is located at a height of 1483 feet or 452.1 meters. Its occupied height (height of the floor occupied by people) is 1918 feet or 584.5 meters.
- There are 163 floors located above the ground and it has only ONE floor located below the ground.
- Burj Khalifa has 58 functional elevators that run at a top speed of 10 meters per second. That’s fast isn’t?
- It is 3 times as tall as Eiffel Tower and two times taller than Empire State Building. This tower was initially named as Burj Dubai & was supposed to start in 2003, but work started in 2004.
- Burj Khalifa also holds world records for: ‘tallest free standing building’, ‘highest occupied floor’, ‘highest number of stories’, ‘longest travel distance elevators’, ‘tallest service elevator’ and ‘second highest outdoor observatory deck’.
- Burj Khalifa requires a supply of 250,000 gallons of water each day and total electricity consumption of the building is equivalent to the electricity consumed by 360,000 bulbs of 100-watt each burning at the same time.
- Entire tower is inspired by Hymenocallis flower. The flower is known for its long petals extending out from its center.
From The Web
June 23, 2020
Dubai to welcome tourists from July 7
June 17, 2020
4 Recommended Apps that will help you keep back in Focus
June 15, 2020
How do travel will look like after Covid-19
June 11, 2020
5 Mall habits that we miss doing right after the lockdown.
June 9, 2020
6 Effective Ways to Fix Your Ruined Sleep Pattern During Lockdown Phase
June 7, 2020
Top Online Shopping Website in the UAE
May 31, 2020
Embracing the "New Normal"
May 19, 2020
Guide on how to celebrate Eid in the UAE in amidst of pandemic
May 11, 2020
Here is a list of ideas on how to make your birthday party special even when you’re stuck at home
May 4, 2020
Few ways on how to deal stress and anxiety during the lockdown