Burj Khalifa Top 7 Interesting Facts
We all know that Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world & marvel, of architectural genius of the 21st century. But how many of us know these interesting facts which would give your brain a jolting strike will make you say WOW, WHAT, REALLY, AWESOME.
Let’s look at the facts behind breaking several records and bagging new world records.
- The observatory deck of the building is located at a height of 1483 feet or 452.1 meters. Its occupied height (height of the floor occupied by people) is 1918 feet or 584.5 meters.
- There are 163 floors located above the ground and it has only ONE floor located below the ground.
- Burj Khalifa has 58 functional elevators that run at a top speed of 10 meters per second. That’s fast isn’t?
- It is 3 times as tall as Eiffel Tower and two times taller than Empire State Building. This tower was initially named as Burj Dubai & was supposed to start in 2003, but work started in 2004.
- Burj Khalifa also holds world records for: ‘tallest free standing building’, ‘highest occupied floor’, ‘highest number of stories’, ‘longest travel distance elevators’, ‘tallest service elevator’ and ‘second highest outdoor observatory deck’.
- Burj Khalifa requires a supply of 250,000 gallons of water each day and total electricity consumption of the building is equivalent to the electricity consumed by 360,000 bulbs of 100-watt each burning at the same time.
- Entire tower is inspired by Hymenocallis flower. The flower is known for its long petals extending out from its center.
From The Web
March 29, 2020
Social Distancing: How To Stay Productive While Working From Home
March 24, 2020
Top 5 Apps for Food Delivery Service in Dubai
March 13, 2020
A Moment of Glory
February 12, 2020
Hottest Brunches In Dubai With A Great View
February 9, 2020
Industries In Dubai That Continue To Boom In 2020
February 6, 2020
Best Places To Stay in Dubai
December 31, 2019
6 Evening Brunches to Try in Dubai
December 30, 2019
7 Secrets Nobody Tells You About Working In Dubai
December 29, 2019
5 Spots In Dubai For A Memorable Ladies Night
December 28, 2019
6 Places for Sports Activities for Kids in Dubai