Burj Khalifa Top 7 Interesting Facts
We all know that Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world & marvel, of architectural genius of the 21st century. But how many of us know these interesting facts which would give your brain a jolting strike will make you say WOW, WHAT, REALLY, AWESOME.
Let’s look at the facts behind breaking several records and bagging new world records.
- The observatory deck of the building is located at a height of 1483 feet or 452.1 meters. Its occupied height (height of the floor occupied by people) is 1918 feet or 584.5 meters.
- There are 163 floors located above the ground and it has only ONE floor located below the ground.
- Burj Khalifa has 58 functional elevators that run at a top speed of 10 meters per second. That’s fast isn’t?
- It is 3 times as tall as Eiffel Tower and two times taller than Empire State Building. This tower was initially named as Burj Dubai & was supposed to start in 2003, but work started in 2004.
- Burj Khalifa also holds world records for: ‘tallest free standing building’, ‘highest occupied floor’, ‘highest number of stories’, ‘longest travel distance elevators’, ‘tallest service elevator’ and ‘second highest outdoor observatory deck’.
- Burj Khalifa requires a supply of 250,000 gallons of water each day and total electricity consumption of the building is equivalent to the electricity consumed by 360,000 bulbs of 100-watt each burning at the same time.
- Entire tower is inspired by Hymenocallis flower. The flower is known for its long petals extending out from its center.
From The Web
May 17, 2018
UAE Ramadan 2018 Prayer Timing
December 27, 2017
Shop In DSF & Win Gold
December 26, 2017
DSF 2018 – All You Need To Know
December 24, 2017
Gold Shopping In Dubai
December 23, 2017
DSF 12 Hour Mega Sale
December 22, 2017
Dubai Emirates Literature Festival 2018
December 20, 2017
VAT Rules In UAE Free Zones
December 18, 2017
Ladies Day Deals In Dubai Clubs
December 14, 2017
5 Ways To Explore Hatta – Dubai
December 13, 2017
Best Afternoon Tea Cafes In Dubai