Ramadan Working Hours For DMCC Companies
Ramadan is about to start, and DMCC has published Ramadan Guidelines for DMCC companies.
What is the Ramadan working hours across DMCC companies ?
Under the Labour Law, the normal working hours of all employees shall be reduced by two hours per day during the Holy month of Ramadan. This means that employee’s normal working hours should not exceed 6 hours per day (as the statutory maximum working hours are 8 hours per day, exclusive of a one-hour rest break where daily working hours exceed 5).
Is it the same for my company as well ?
Yes, It’s valid for all the companies registered under DMCC.
Is it for every employee or only for Muslims who are fasting ?
Yes, It is applicable to all employees, irrespective of their country, religion, and they are fasting or not.
Can my company ask me to work extra ?
Yes, your company can ask you to work 2 hours extra (2 hours in addition to regular 6 hours), however, in that case, you will be eligible for overtime payment.
What is the Food & beverage policy of DMCC ?
- Food and /or beverage services for dine-in operations during the daytime (for consumption within the food establishment itself) are not allowed without a valid Ramadan Permit.
- All food and beverage establishments within DMCC Free Zone may function normally after Maghrib Athan (Azan) and their dine-in and outdoor dining areas may be made ready and opened to the public, 30 minutes prior to Iftar time.
- Activities related to the preparation and cooking of food during the daytime, for service after Maghrib Athan (Azan) is permitted.
- Supermarkets, hypermarkets, and convenience stores are not permitted to allow dine-in during fasting hours.
- All food and beverage establishments co-located with a mosque are not permitted to allow dine-in during fasting hours.
Read more about DMCC F&B policy
Note: References to the “Labour Law” are to Federal Law No. 8 of 1980, as amended.
From The Web
December 11, 2017
Al Marmoom Desert Attractions
December 8, 2017
6 Things To Avoid In UAE
December 6, 2017
Creamfield Dance Music Festival
November 28, 2017
8 Things About Louvre Abu Dhabi
November 27, 2017
Dubai Residence Visa Cancellation
November 25, 2017
46th UAE National Day Weekend
November 22, 2017
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2017
November 19, 2017
JLT Cafes and Restaurants
November 17, 2017
Japan Visa Made Easy
November 14, 2017
Night Clubs In Dubai