Ramadan Working Hours For DMCC Companies
Ramadan is about to start, and DMCC has published Ramadan Guidelines for DMCC companies.
What is the Ramadan working hours across DMCC companies ?
Under the Labour Law, the normal working hours of all employees shall be reduced by two hours per day during the Holy month of Ramadan. This means that employee’s normal working hours should not exceed 6 hours per day (as the statutory maximum working hours are 8 hours per day, exclusive of a one-hour rest break where daily working hours exceed 5).
Is it the same for my company as well ?
Yes, It’s valid for all the companies registered under DMCC.
Is it for every employee or only for Muslims who are fasting ?
Yes, It is applicable to all employees, irrespective of their country, religion, and they are fasting or not.
Can my company ask me to work extra ?
Yes, your company can ask you to work 2 hours extra (2 hours in addition to regular 6 hours), however, in that case, you will be eligible for overtime payment.
What is the Food & beverage policy of DMCC ?
- Food and /or beverage services for dine-in operations during the daytime (for consumption within the food establishment itself) are not allowed without a valid Ramadan Permit.
- All food and beverage establishments within DMCC Free Zone may function normally after Maghrib Athan (Azan) and their dine-in and outdoor dining areas may be made ready and opened to the public, 30 minutes prior to Iftar time.
- Activities related to the preparation and cooking of food during the daytime, for service after Maghrib Athan (Azan) is permitted.
- Supermarkets, hypermarkets, and convenience stores are not permitted to allow dine-in during fasting hours.
- All food and beverage establishments co-located with a mosque are not permitted to allow dine-in during fasting hours.
Read more about DMCC F&B policy
Note: References to the “Labour Law” are to Federal Law No. 8 of 1980, as amended.
From The Web
June 17, 2020
4 Recommended Apps that will help you keep back in Focus
June 15, 2020
How do travel will look like after Covid-19
June 11, 2020
5 Mall habits that we miss doing right after the lockdown.
June 9, 2020
6 Effective Ways to Fix Your Ruined Sleep Pattern During Lockdown Phase
June 7, 2020
Top Online Shopping Website in the UAE
May 19, 2020
Guide on how to celebrate Eid in the UAE in amidst of pandemic
May 17, 2020
Tips on how to properly use Social Media as a platform to inspire people
May 11, 2020
Here is a list of ideas on how to make your birthday party special even when you’re stuck at home
May 4, 2020
Few ways on how to deal stress and anxiety during the lockdown
April 29, 2020
Top UAE Instagram Influencer