Ramadan Working Hours For DMCC Companies
Ramadan is about to start, and DMCC has published Ramadan Guidelines for DMCC companies.
What is the Ramadan working hours across DMCC companies ?
Under the Labour Law, the normal working hours of all employees shall be reduced by two hours per day during the Holy month of Ramadan. This means that employee’s normal working hours should not exceed 6 hours per day (as the statutory maximum working hours are 8 hours per day, exclusive of a one-hour rest break where daily working hours exceed 5).
Is it the same for my company as well ?
Yes, It’s valid for all the companies registered under DMCC.
Is it for every employee or only for Muslims who are fasting ?
Yes, It is applicable to all employees, irrespective of their country, religion, and they are fasting or not.
Can my company ask me to work extra ?
Yes, your company can ask you to work 2 hours extra (2 hours in addition to regular 6 hours), however, in that case, you will be eligible for overtime payment.
What is the Food & beverage policy of DMCC ?
- Food and /or beverage services for dine-in operations during the daytime (for consumption within the food establishment itself) are not allowed without a valid Ramadan Permit.
- All food and beverage establishments within DMCC Free Zone may function normally after Maghrib Athan (Azan) and their dine-in and outdoor dining areas may be made ready and opened to the public, 30 minutes prior to Iftar time.
- Activities related to the preparation and cooking of food during the daytime, for service after Maghrib Athan (Azan) is permitted.
- Supermarkets, hypermarkets, and convenience stores are not permitted to allow dine-in during fasting hours.
- All food and beverage establishments co-located with a mosque are not permitted to allow dine-in during fasting hours.
Read more about DMCC F&B policy
Note: References to the “Labour Law” are to Federal Law No. 8 of 1980, as amended.
From The Web
May 17, 2018
UAE Ramadan 2018 Prayer Timing
December 27, 2017
Shop In DSF & Win Gold
December 26, 2017
DSF 2018 – All You Need To Know
December 25, 2017
Dubai New Years Eve Destinations
December 23, 2017
DSF 12 Hour Mega Sale
December 22, 2017
Dubai Emirates Literature Festival 2018
December 20, 2017
VAT Rules In UAE Free Zones
December 19, 2017
Avatar - Inspired Cirque du Soleil Show In Dubai
December 11, 2017
Al Marmoom Desert Attractions
December 9, 2017
5 Christmas Events In Dubai