Ramadan Working Hours For DMCC Companies
Ramadan is about to start, and DMCC has published Ramadan Guidelines for DMCC companies.
What is the Ramadan working hours across DMCC companies ?
Under the Labour Law, the normal working hours of all employees shall be reduced by two hours per day during the Holy month of Ramadan. This means that employee’s normal working hours should not exceed 6 hours per day (as the statutory maximum working hours are 8 hours per day, exclusive of a one-hour rest break where daily working hours exceed 5).
Is it the same for my company as well ?
Yes, It’s valid for all the companies registered under DMCC.
Is it for every employee or only for Muslims who are fasting ?
Yes, It is applicable to all employees, irrespective of their country, religion, and they are fasting or not.
Can my company ask me to work extra ?
Yes, your company can ask you to work 2 hours extra (2 hours in addition to regular 6 hours), however, in that case, you will be eligible for overtime payment.
What is the Food & beverage policy of DMCC ?
- Food and /or beverage services for dine-in operations during the daytime (for consumption within the food establishment itself) are not allowed without a valid Ramadan Permit.
- All food and beverage establishments within DMCC Free Zone may function normally after Maghrib Athan (Azan) and their dine-in and outdoor dining areas may be made ready and opened to the public, 30 minutes prior to Iftar time.
- Activities related to the preparation and cooking of food during the daytime, for service after Maghrib Athan (Azan) is permitted.
- Supermarkets, hypermarkets, and convenience stores are not permitted to allow dine-in during fasting hours.
- All food and beverage establishments co-located with a mosque are not permitted to allow dine-in during fasting hours.
Read more about DMCC F&B policy
Note: References to the “Labour Law” are to Federal Law No. 8 of 1980, as amended.
From The Web
February 21, 2021
Top 10 Romantic Restaurants In Dubai In 2021: A Complete Guide
February 18, 2021
Top 7 Places for an Unforgettable Desert Camping Experience In Dubai
February 9, 2021
Things to Consider before Relocating to Dubai: A Detailed Guide for First-Timers
February 9, 2021
6 Exhibitions in Dubai that You Must Visit in February Being an Art Lover
February 7, 2021
Why are Tourists Returning to Dubai to Enjoy Winter? 5 Concreate Reasons
February 1, 2021
Entry Rules for Travelling to Abu Dhabi from Other Emirates: All You Need to Know
December 26, 2020
Top 8 Places for New Year Celebration in Abu Dhabi
October 22, 2020
Coolest Smart Vacuum Cleaners To Help You Daily
October 18, 2020
Winter Ready: Top Ramen Place in Dubai
October 5, 2020
Where to Get the Best Chocolate Cake in Dubai