Ramadan Working Hours For DMCC Companies
Ramadan is about to start, and DMCC has published Ramadan Guidelines for DMCC companies.
What is the Ramadan working hours across DMCC companies ?
Under the Labour Law, the normal working hours of all employees shall be reduced by two hours per day during the Holy month of Ramadan. This means that employee’s normal working hours should not exceed 6 hours per day (as the statutory maximum working hours are 8 hours per day, exclusive of a one-hour rest break where daily working hours exceed 5).
Is it the same for my company as well ?
Yes, It’s valid for all the companies registered under DMCC.
Is it for every employee or only for Muslims who are fasting ?
Yes, It is applicable to all employees, irrespective of their country, religion, and they are fasting or not.
Can my company ask me to work extra ?
Yes, your company can ask you to work 2 hours extra (2 hours in addition to regular 6 hours), however, in that case, you will be eligible for overtime payment.
What is the Food & beverage policy of DMCC ?
- Food and /or beverage services for dine-in operations during the daytime (for consumption within the food establishment itself) are not allowed without a valid Ramadan Permit.
- All food and beverage establishments within DMCC Free Zone may function normally after Maghrib Athan (Azan) and their dine-in and outdoor dining areas may be made ready and opened to the public, 30 minutes prior to Iftar time.
- Activities related to the preparation and cooking of food during the daytime, for service after Maghrib Athan (Azan) is permitted.
- Supermarkets, hypermarkets, and convenience stores are not permitted to allow dine-in during fasting hours.
- All food and beverage establishments co-located with a mosque are not permitted to allow dine-in during fasting hours.
Read more about DMCC F&B policy
Note: References to the “Labour Law” are to Federal Law No. 8 of 1980, as amended.
From The Web
February 12, 2020
Hottest Brunches In Dubai With A Great View
February 11, 2020
Coolest Attractions In Dubai For All Ages
February 10, 2020
Where To Buy Gifts For Valentine’s Day
February 10, 2020
Valentine’s Day Celebration In Dubai
February 9, 2020
Industries In Dubai That Continue To Boom In 2020
February 6, 2020
Best Places To Stay in Dubai
December 31, 2019
6 Evening Brunches to Try in Dubai
December 30, 2019
7 Secrets Nobody Tells You About Working In Dubai
December 29, 2019
5 Spots In Dubai For A Memorable Ladies Night
December 28, 2019
6 Places for Sports Activities for Kids in Dubai